Chinon is a French commune. It is in the west of the Indre-et-Loire department in the Centre-Val de Loire region, to the southwest of Paris, and is a subprefecture in the department. It is also the capital of the arrrondissement of Chinon and the administrative centre of the Chinon canton.
Chinon is in the valley of the Loire river, registered as a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 2000.
The city of Chinon is along the Vienne river, near the confluence with the Loire river. The commune has an area of 39.0 km 2 15.1 sq mi. Its average altitude is 70 m 230 ft; at the city hall, the altitude is 50 m 160 ft.
The distances from Chinon to other cities are:
- Marseille - 825 km 513 mi.
- Toulouse - 578 km 359 mi;
- Nantes - 180 km 110 mi;
- Paris, the national capital - 286 km 178 mi;
- Tours, the departmental capital - 47 km 29 mi;
- Montpellier - 692 km 430 mi;
- Reims - 420 km 260 mi;
- Strasbourg - 739 km 459 mi;
- Lyon - 516 km 321 mi;
- Bordeaux - 342 km 213 mi;
The commune of Chinon is surrounded by the communes:
The climate of Chinon, in the Koppen climate classification, is Cfb - Oceanic climate with template summers.
The inhabitants of Chinon are known, in French, as Chinonais women: Chinonaises.
With a population of 8.073, Chinon has a population density of 207 inhabitants/km 2.
Evolution of the population in Chinon
Chinon is a subprefecture of the Indre-et-Loire department, the capital of the arrondissement of Chinon and the administrative centre French: chef-lieu of the canton of Chinon, with 34.893 inhabitants 2014.
It is part of the intercommunality Chinon, Vienne et Loire French: Communaute de communes Chinon, Vienne et Loire.
- Chateau - Chinon is the name of two communes of the Nievre department in France: Chateau - Chinon Ville Chateau - Chinon Campagne
- arrondissement of Chinon is an arrondissement of France, in the Indre - et - Loire department, Centre - Val de Loire region. Its capital is the city of Chinon When the
- The arrondissement of Chateau - Chinon Ville or simply arrondissement of Chateau - Chinon is an arrondissement of France. It is part of the Nievre departement
- Chateau - Chinon Ville is a commune. It is in the Nievre department in central France. This short article about a place or feature in France can be made
- Chateau - Chinon Campagne is a commune. It is in the Nievre department in central France. This short article about a place or feature in France can be
- districts: Nevers, Saint - Pierre - le - Moutier, Decize, Moulins - Engilbert, Chateau - Chinon Corbigny, Clamecy, Cosne and La Charite Nevers was the capital. 1800 :
- districts: Nevers, Saint - Pierre - le - Moutier, Decize, Moulins - Engilbert, Chateau - Chinon Corbigny, Clamecy, Cosne and La Charite. In 1800, with the creation of
- was divided in seven districts: Tours, Amboise, Chateau - Renault, Loches, Chinon Preuilly and Langeais. In 1800, with the creation of the arrondissements
- Chateau - Renault, Loches, Chinon Preuilly and Langeais the capital was Tours. 1800 : creation of three arrondissements: Chinon Loches and Tours. 1926 :