The Gustav Mahler Jugendorchester is a youth orchestra based in Vienna, Austria. It was started in 1986 by the conductor Claudio Abbado. Auditions are held in many European capital cities. From the start it included people from Eastern Europe. This was before the collapse of the Iron Curtain. It is a very big orchestra. The musicians play music that needs a large orchestra, usually music from the late Romantic period or the 20th century. The orchestra has been conducted by very famous conductors including Claudio Abbado, Mariss Jansons, Pierre Boulez and Bernard Haitink. The orchestra play ...
The National Youth Orchestra of Great Britain is an orchestra for young musicians in the United Kingdom. The members of the orchestra are all aged between 13 and 19 years. It is a very large orchestra with about 150 players. Children who want to play in the National Youth Orchestra have to be able to play their instrument very well. They need to be at least Grade 8 Distinction standard and they need to be very good at sightreading so that they can learn very quickly. They have to pass an audition to get a place in the orchestra. These auditions take place in the autumn in several towns in ...
The Orquesta Sinfonica Simon Bolivar is a youth orchestra from Venezuela. The musicians are nearly all in their 20s. The orchestra was started by the economist Jose Antonio Abreu in 1975. Children from poor backgrounds had been given the opportunity, by the Venezuelan government, to learn a musical instrument. The orchestra consists of some of the best of these players. The conductor Gustavo Dudamel has been the orchestras artistic director since 1999. They have made recordings of music by Beethoven as well as Latin American music. They became internationally famous when they played at the ...
The West-Eastern Divan is an orchestra for young people. It is based in Sevilla, Spain. The musicians in the orchestra come from Israel and its surrounding Arab countries. The orchestra was started in 1999 by the Jewish conductor Daniel Barenboim and the Palestinian-American academic Edward Said pronounce: Sah - eed. The name of the orchestra comes from a group of poems by the German poet Johann Wolfgang von Goethe. The West-Eastern Divan Orchestra was started to help bring Israelis and Palestinians together to work for peace and to help solve the fight between Israel and Palestine. The id ...
ⓘ Youth orchestras
- The National Youth Orchestra of Great Britain NYO is an orchestra for young musicians in the United Kingdom. The members of the orchestra are all aged
- world - famous youth orchestras include the Orquesta Sinfonica Simon Bolivar, Gustav Mahler Youth Orchestra the European Union Youth Orchestra and the West - Eastern
- The Gustav Mahler Jugendorchester Gustav Mahler Youth Orchestra is a youth orchestra based in Vienna, Austria. It was started in 1986 by the conductor
- The European Union Youth Orchestra EUYO is an orchestra for young people from countries in the European Union. The orchestra is given money by the European
- Simon Bolivar Symphony Orchestra is a youth orchestra from Venezuela. The musicians are nearly all in their 20s. The orchestra was started by the economist
- orchestra was established on June 21, 1991 and evolved from the Merida State Youth Symphony Orchestra founded in 1978 as part of the System of Youth
- The West - Eastern Divan is an orchestra for young people. It is based in Sevilla, Spain. The musicians in the orchestra come from Israel and its surrounding
- Palestine Youth Orchestra was started through the efforts of the Edward Said National Conservatory. It is one of the best youth orchestras in the Arab
- conductor is James Burton who also conducts the Halle Youth Choir. There is a Halle Youth Orchestra which is conducted by Ewa Strusinska. There is now also
Gustav Mahler Youth Orchestra
National Youth Orchestra of Great Bri ..
Orquesta Sinfonica Simon Bolivar
West-Eastern Divan Orchestra