Back

ⓘ Prussian House of Lords. The Prussian House of Lords was the first chamber of the Parliament of the Kingdom of Prussia between 1850 and 1918. The second chamber ..




Prussian House of Lords
                                     

ⓘ Prussian House of Lords

The Prussian House of Lords was the first chamber of the Parliament of the Kingdom of Prussia between 1850 and 1918. The second chamber was the Prussian House of Representatives.

The House of Lords was created on 31 January 1850. Its seat was on Leipziger StraSe in Berlin at a building rebuilt by the architect Friedrich Schulze in 1904.

A member of the House of Lords was known as a pair, or officially as a member of the Prussian House of Lords Mitglieder des preuSischen Herrenhauses, or MdH.

The House consisted of hereditary peers, life peers appointed by the King of Prussia, peers by virtue of position, representatives of cities and universities, etc. The majority of members were nobles, although the House also had commoners as members, especially among the representatives of cities and universities.

                                     
  • modern meeting chamber were built inside the old Prussian House of Lords building. There are 58 members of the Bundesrat. How many delegates a land state
  • Von Braun s mother was Emmy von Quistorp, the daughter of a member of the Prussian House of Lords In 1920, he moved to Berlin. During the first school
  • manors some distance away to provide a greater range of produce. Not all manors were held by laymen lords who rendered military service or paid cash to their