Sauropodomorpha is the suborder of dinosaurs with massive, quadrupedal herbivores with extremely long necks and tails.
Sauropodomorpha are divided into prosauropods and sauropods. Among the sauropods were the largest land animals ever known: Seismosaurus, Diplodocus, Apatosaurus popularly known as Brontosaurus, and others.
Only the modern blue whale is larger than these creatures; no land animal comes close. Argentinosaurus, with a vertebra over 1.59 metres long, is the largest.
- Infraorder Prosauropoda
- Family Plateosauridae
- Suborder Sauropodomorpha
- Family Massospondylidae
- Family Riojasauridae
- Family Diplodocidae
- Family Cetiosauridae
- Subdivision Macronaria
- Family Vulcanodontidae
- Family Omeisauridae
- Infraorder Sauropoda
- Division Neosauropoda
- Infradivision Titanosauriformes
- Family Camarasauridae
- Cohort Somphospondyli
- Family Brachiosauridae
- Family Euhelopodidae
- Family Titanosauridae
- to the sister group of sauropodomorphs the theropods, and that Saturnalia could be considered a member of the sauropodomorph stem - lineage rather than
- Panphagia is a sauropodomorph dinosaur. It was described in 2009. It lived around 231 million years ago, during the Late Triassic period in Argentina.
- Bagualosaurus meaning bagel lizard is a sauropodomorph dinosaur and is the seventh known sauropodomorph discovered in Brazil. The type species is Bagualosaurus
- Sesotho language is a sauropodomorph dinosaur from the Early Jurassic. A quadruped, it was one of the first giant sauropodomorphs reaching a weight of
- Bothriospondylus excavated vertebrae is a genus of sauropodomorph dinosaur known from a handful of vertebrae. it belongs to the family Bothriospondylidae
- the sauropodomorph dinosaurs. New reconstructions show that its neck is proportionally shorter than those in more advanced early sauropodomorphs Upchurch
- north. Also found were the remains of Glacialisaurus a large basal sauropodomorph a crow - sized pterosaur, synapsids, and another unknown theropod. There
- of Yunnan, China, and faunal compositions and transitions of Asian sauropodomorph dinosaurs Acta Palaeontologica Polonica. 60 1 145 154. doi: 10.4202 app
- Buriolestes meaning Buriol s robber is a genus of early sauropodomorph dinosaurs from the Late Triassic of Brazil. It contains one species, B. schultzi
- Carpenter, Kenneth and Tidswell, Virginia ed. ed. Thunder lizards: the sauropodomorph dinosaurs. Indiana University Press. pp. 38 77. ISBN 978 - 0 - 253 - 34542 - 4