ⓘ Coat of arms
A coat of arms is a unique design painted on a shield. These designs may be inherited, meaning that they pass from a father to his children. In the Middle Ages, these designs were shown on real shields, but today they are usually only drawn or painted on the paper that makes them legal which is called a grant of arms. The grant of arms is usually allowed only when it is given by the government of a country or its agent. In England, this is called the College of Arms and in Scotland is called the Lord Lyon.
Coats of arms are normally issued for real people but nowadays lots of countries and businesses also have coats of arms. Each symbol on the coat of arms will represent something that has an important meaning to that person, country or company.
- The national coat of arms of Armenia consists of an eagle and a lion supporting a shield. The coat of arms combines new and old symbols. The eagle and
- The coat of arms of Denmark consists of three crowned blue lions with nine red hearts, all in a golden shield. The seal of King Canute VI of Denmark is
- Coat of arms of Peru is the national symbolic emblem of Peru. Four types are used: the Coat of Arms Spanish: Escudo de Armas the National Coat of Arms
- The coat of arms of Germany German Wappen Deutschlands is a symbol of Germany the coat of arms feature an eagle. The coat of arms are similar to those
- The coat of arms of Estonia is a golden shield which includes three slim, blue leopards or lions passant guardant in the middle, with oak branches along
- The coat of arms of Guinea was adopted in 1993. It features a dove with a golden olive branch in its beak over a ribbon with Work justice solidarity
- The coat of arms of the Soviet Union is the symbol of the Soviet Union. It was accepted in 1923 and was used until the Soviet Union collapsed in 1991
- coat of arms was defined by court decision to the coat of arms of Russia. It is based on the coat of arms used before the Soviet Union. The coat of arms
- The Coat of arms of Romania is the coat of arms that has been adopted by the Romanian Parliament on 10 September 1992. The design for it came from the
- The Royal Coat of Arms of the United Kingdom is the official coat of arms of the British monarch, currently Queen Elizabeth II. These arms are used by