Ganghwa Island is an island in the beginning of the Han River. It is on the west coast of South Korea. Ganghwa Island is separated from Gimpo on the mainland by a narrow channel. The channel is connected by two bridges. The main channel of the Han River separates the island from Gaeseong in North Korea. About 65.500 people live on the island. With an area of 302.4 km 2 116.8 sq mi. It covers most of Ganghwa County, a division of Incheon Municipality. About half of the islands population lives in Ganghwa-eup, Ganghwa Town, in the northeastern part of the island. The islands highest point is ...
This article is about the island itself. For the province, see Jeju-do. For the World Heritage Site, see Jeju Volcanic Island and Lava Tubes. Jejudo is the largest island off the coast of the Korean Peninsula. It is the main island of Jeju Province of South Korea. The island lies in the Korea Strait, southwest of South Jeolla Province. The island contains the natural World Heritage Site Jeju Volcanic Island and Lava Tubes. The highest point in South Korea is the Islands dormant volcano, Hallasan, which stands 6.400 feet above sea level. Jejudo has a temperate climate. Even in winter, the t ...
Liancourt Rocks are a group of small islands in the Sea of Japan. The islands are currently occupied under the South Korean armed police. The name Liancourt Rocks comes from the French whaling ship Liancourt. The people on the Liancourt made a map of the islands in 1849. The islands have been in dispute for some time by both Korea and Japan. Japan has been suggesting to sort the dispute in International Court of Justice but South Korean government keeps refusing it.
Marado or Mara Island is the most southern island of South Korea. It is about 11km away from the Moseolpo harbor in the south coast of Jeju-do. Having an area of 0.298km², the whole island is covered with natural grass so that it carries an exotic mood. The island is small enough for tourists to look around within an hour.
Ulleungdo is a South Korean island, the main part of Ulleung County, North Gyeongsang Province, South Korea, in East Sea. This island is at 37°30N 130°52E. The part of this island is the peak of the mountain. This mountain is a large stratovolcano which rises from seafloor. The formation time of this volcanic mountain is between the Cainozoic Third Era and the Cenozoic Fourth Era. The highest peak of Ulleungdo is Seonginbong peak, 984 meters. There are Nari Basin and Albong Basin which are made by collapsing Caldera crater in the northern slope. Ulleungdo is a pentagon shape. The length of ...
ⓘ Islands of South Korea
- South Korea is a country in the southern part of the Korean peninsula, in the north east region of Asia. The capital city is Seoul. The official name of
- They are home to a number of popular ski resorts. Gangwon - do has two islands Ulleungdo and Dokdo. Japan and South Korea have had a long dispute over
- the largest island off the coast of the Korean Peninsula. It is the main island of Jeju Province of South Korea The island lies in the Korea Strait, southwest
- Japanese, Dokdo 독도 in Korean are a group of small islands in the Sea of Japan. The islands are currently occupied under the South Korean armed police. The
- province in South Korea Most of Jeju Province is Jeju Island which is the largest island in South Korea The island was created as a result of a volcanic
- Ganghwa Island is an island in the beginning of the Han River. It is on the west coast of South Korea Ganghwa Island is separated from Gimpo on the mainland
- South Korea at the Olympics is a history which includes 32 games in 18 countries and 2, 000 athletes. Since 1946, South Korea KOR has contributed to
- The Korea Strait Korean 대한해협, Daehan Haehyeop also known as the Tsushima Strait, is a narrow body of water between Japan and South Korea The name
- Seoul Korean 서울 is the biggest city of the Republic of Korea South Korea and its capital. Its official name is Seoul Special City Korean 서울특별시
- province in the southwest of South Korea The province keeps partnerships with many cities and provinces around the world. The South Jeolla province was formed
- of Yeonpyeong was an exchange of artillery between the North and South Korean military on Yeonpyeong Island on 23 November 2010. After a South Korean