The first people to live in Sergipe were from the Tupi Tribe. The name "Sergipe" is the Tupi word for crab.
The Portugal took over the area, and made a settlement at São Cristovão. Later, French pirates invaded Sergipe, but they left soon after.
Now, Sergipe is part of free Brazil.
- Aracaju is the modern capital city of the state of Sergipe in the northeastern region of Brazil. It has about 470.000 inhabitants estimate 2003 and
- Brazilian politician and civil engineer. He was governor of the state of Sergipe from 1983 to 1987, from 1991 to 1995, and from 2003 to 2007. From 1987
- capital Recife Piaui capital Teresina Rio Grande do Norte capital Natal Sergipe capital Aracaju Parana capital Curitiba Rio Grande do Sul capital
- do Sul. On 27 May 2019, Diniz was killed in a plane crash in Estancia, Sergipe Jenifer de Gabriel Diniz, desponta como hit do verão Correio Braziliense
- Boquim is a city in the Brazilian state of Sergipe 24, 923 people lived here in 2005. The area of the city is 215 km². IBGE - Archived copy Archived
- politician. He was born in Boquim, Brazil. Fonseca was a member of the Sergipe Legislative Assembly from 1967 to 1972 and again from 1975 to 1987. He
- Rio Grande do Sul Flag of Rondonia Flag of Roraima Flag of Santa Catarina Flag of São Paulo Flag of Sergipe Flag of Tocantins Flag of Distrito Federal
- Maranhão, Pernambuco, Ceara, Piaui, Rio Grande do Norte, Paraiba, Alagoas, Sergipe Bahia Centre - West: Goias, Mato grosso, Mato Grosso do Sul, Distrito Federal
- Bahia, Ceara, Maranhão, Paraiba, Pernambuco, Piaui, Rio Grande do Norte, Sergipe Largest Cities: Salvador 2, 892, 625 Fortaleza 2, 138, 234 Recife 1