Hispanic is a word that originally meant a relationship to Hispania. This is the Iberian Peninsula and includes Portugal, Andorra, Gibraltar and Spain. Now the word is used with a more limited meaning. In the United States it is often used to mean a person of mixed race with a Spanish surname. In North America generally, the word Hispanic has lost its link to Spain and Portugal, and is mainly used to mean Latin America.
Hispanic has also been used to mean the culture and people of the former Spanish and Portuguese Empires in America. Known as Hispanic America, this region includes Mexico, most of the Central and South American countries, and the Spanish-speaking island-nations of the Caribbean.
Spanish names, the Spanish language, and Spanish customs can also be found in other areas that were part of the Spanish and Portuguese Empires, such as in Equatorial Guinea in Africa, or in the Spanish East Indies e.g. Philipines and the Portuguese Brazil.
- In the United States, a White Hispanic is an individual who self - identifies as white and of Hispanic descent and or speaks the Spanish language natively
- Non - Hispanic whites are White Americans who aren t Hispanic or Latino. This short article about the United States can be made longer. You can help Wikipedia
- Hispanic and Latino Americans are Americans who are descendants of people from Spain and Latin America. This short article about the United States can
- Asian Hispanic and Latino Americans are Americans of Asian ancestry that speak the Spanish language natively and are or from Latin America, respectively
- after the recipient has been killed posthumously Forty - four men of Hispanic heritage have been presented the Medal of Honor. Two were presented to
- The National Hispanic Institute NHI is an international nonprofit organization. Its focus is the future leadership in the global Hispanic community. It
- In the United States, Black Hispanics or Afro - Hispanics as officially classified by the United States Census Bureau, Office of Management and Budget
- 2006. They form the largest Hispanic or Latino group in the United States and contain the largest group of White Hispanics Mexican Americans trace their
- living in the United States identified as being white or White Hispanics Non - hispanic whites accounted for about 60 of the U.S. population. ACS Demographic
- census, 126, 496 people lived there. Many Hispanic and Latino Americans live there. About 96 of its people are Hispanic or Latino. This is the highest number