Bernice Ackerman was an American meteorologist. In 1965 she got a Doctor of Philosophy in geophysical science from the University of Chicago. She was the first woman weathercaster in the United States. She was the first woman meteorologist at Argonne National Laboratory. She worked at the U.S. Weather Bureau, the University of Chicago, Texas A&M University and Argonne National Laboratory. Before college, Ackerman was a weather observer for the Women Accepted for Volunteer Emergency Service in World War II.
Pauline Morrow Austin was an American meteorologist. Austin got BA from Wilson College in 1938, an MA from Smith College in 1939, and a PhD in Physics from MIT in 1942. Austin worked as a meteorologist during World War II. She was one of nine women recognized for wartime scientific and technical contributions. Next she worked at MIT as the Director of the weather radar, and as part of the research staff in the Radiation Laboratory. She also was associate writer for the Journal of Applied Meteorology.
ⓘ American meteorologists
- Bernice Ackerman 1925 - 1995 was an American meteorologist In 1965 she got a Doctor of Philosophy in geophysical science from the University of Chicago
- March 14, 1943 July 23, 2020 was an American meteorologist and weather presenter. He was chief meteorologist for WLS - TV in Chicago. He worked for 34
- Kelvin Kay Droegemeier born September 23, 1958 is an American research meteorologist He was the Director of the Office of Science and Technology Policy
- Pauline Morrow Austin b. 1916 d. 2011 was an American meteorologist Austin got a BA from Wilson College in 1938, an MA from Smith College in 1939, and
- Skilling, is an American television meteorologist He was born in Aurora, Illinois, but works in Chicago, Illinois. He is chief meteorologist for the weekday
- August 4, 2020 was an American television meteorologist author, cartoonist, and animal activist. He was the evening meteorologist at WJW - TV. He held the
- African - American woman to gain a degree in meteorology and was confirmed to be the first African - American woman to be a televised meteorologist Bacon - Bercey
- Island died: 24 November 1989 in Boston, Massachusetts was an American meteorologist and book writer. Anderson studied at the New England Conservatory
- Jacqueline Wonsetler Born: 13 June 1918 Died: 1 December 1974 was an American meteorologist She got the Department of Commerce Outstanding Accomplishment
- Robert Homer Simpson November 19, 1912 December 18, 2014 was an American meteorologist hurricane specialist, first director of the National Hurricane
- Edward Norton Lorenz May 23, 1917 April 16, 2008 was an American mathematician and meteorologist He was one of the first to work in the field of Chaos
- Ortelius in 1596. It was fully developed by the German geologist and meteorologist Alfred Wegener in 1915. The theory said that parts of the Earth s crust