ⓘ Culture of Nepal
Nepal has a unique culture. Its cultural heritage has developed over several thousands of years. It covers Nepals many ethnic, tribal and social classes.
There are at least 92 living languages spoken in Nepal, though some studies list 123. Nepals languages come from three major language groups: Indo-Aryan, Tibeto-Burman and indigenous. The official national language of Nepal is Nepali, written in Devanagari script. It is the first language of about half the countrys population, and is used by people of most ethnic groups to communicate with each other.
Both Hinduism and Buddhism in Nepal date back more than 2000 years. The 2001 census recorded that 80.6% of the population was Hindu. Buddhism was practiced by about 11% of the population, although many people often practice their own mix of Hindu, Buddhist, and/or animist traditions. About 3.2% practice Islam. Another 3.6% of the population follows the native Kirant religion. Christianity is practiced officially by less than 0.5%.
Nepalese people have several festivals that they celebrate each year. The longest and the most important of these is Dashain. It is celebrated for 15 days, and is dedicated to the Hindu goddess Durga. Most festivals include dancing and music, as well as all kinds of local food.
Some Nepalese dances include:
- Kartik: started by King Siddhi Nasingh Malla in Kathmandu valley
- Ghatu: popular among the Gurung and Magar communities at Gandaki Zone
- Charya: popular among the Buddhist community
- Nepal Nepali: न प ल is a country in South Asia bordering the Republic of India and the People s Republic of China. Mount Everest, the highest mountain
- restaurant Garden of Dreams Kathmandu Valley Nepal Theravada Gyan Jyoti Kansakar 1997 Culture of Health expands horizons To Health Via Culture 3 14 19
- Mountaineering in Nepal Facts & Figures PDF Ministry of Culture Tourism & Civil Aviation. Kathmandu: Government of Nepal July 2014. Archived
- Lalitpur is one of the biggest metropolitan cities of Nepal It is famous for its religious, culture and historical temples. Official Site of Lalitpur Sub - Metropolital
- Suresh Bhattarai is a Nepalese Physicist, Astrophysicist who is a physics lecturer at the Department Of Physics at Tri - Chandra Multiple Campus and also
- custodians of the religion, culture and civilization of Nepal They are the historical inhabitants of the Kathmandu Valley and its surrounding areas in Nepal and
- is the official language of Nepal Besides Nepal it is spoken in India, Bhutan and parts of Burma. In the Indian states of Sikkim and West Bengal also
- 27 February 2019 was a Nepalese politician who was a member of the Communist Party of Nepal He was Minister of Culture Tourism and Civil Aviation
- Theravada is the oldest - surviving denomination of Buddhism. Theravada was founded in Nepal It is relatively conservative, and generally closest to early
- politician. He is currently the Minister for Culture Tourism and Civil Aviation in Nepal He is also a member of Napal s Investment Board. Rastriya Samachar