ⓘ Port Blair
Port Blair is the capital of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, a union territory of India in the Bay of Bengal. It is also the local administrative sub-division of the islands, the headquarters for the district of South Andaman, and is the territorys only notified town. It houses the headquarters of the Andaman and Nicobar Police and the Andaman and Nicobar Command, the first integrated tri-command of the armed forces of India.
Port Blair also serves as the entry point for visiting the Andaman and Nicobar Islands. Port Blair is connected with mainland India by both air and sea. It is a 2-hour flight from mainland India to Port Blair, but it takes 3–4 days by sea to reach Chennai, Kolkata or Vishakhapatnam. Air connectivity to Port Blair is available from Chennai, Kolkata, New Delhi, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Bhubaneshwar and Vishakhapatnam. All flights bound to Andaman and Nicobar Islands land at the Veer Savarkar International Airport. Sea connectivity is available from Chennai, Kolkata and Vishakhapatnam are embarked in Haddo Wharf Port. It is home to several museums and a major naval base INS Jarawa of the Indian Navy, along with sea and air bases of the Indian Coast Guard and the Indian Air Force. Port Blair is also famous for the historic Cellular Jail and other small islands like Carbyns Cove, Wandoor, Ross, Viper etc. which were once home to British colonists.
Port Blair has been selected as one of the cities to be developed as a smart city under the Smart Cities Mission.
As of 2011 India census, Port Blair had a population of 100.608. Males constitute 52.92% 53.247 of the population and females 47.07% 47.361. Port Blair has an average literacy rate of 89.76%, higher than the national average that is 74.04%. In Port Blair, male literacy is 92.79%, and female literacy is 86.34%. 9.3% of the population is under the age of 6 years. The most common religion is Hinduism, followed by Christianity and Islam. Bengali is the most spoken language of the city, followed by Hindi and Tamil.
- Blair an Australian Electoral Division in Queensland Port Blair capital of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands Blair Atcheynum Betsy Blair Bill Blair Cherie
- Nicobar Islands. The island is situated 3 km 2 mi east from downtown Port Blair About nine months before the Japanese take - over of the entire set of
- Union Territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands in the Bay of Bengal. Port Blair town, the capital of the Union Territory is the district headquarters
- Bay of Bengal. The capital of this territory is the Andamanese town of Port Blair It is made of two island groups - the Andaman Islands and the Nicobar
- about 85, 000. Aberfoyle Ardchyle Ardeonaig Arnprior Balmaha Bannockburn Blair Drummond Boreland Bridge of Allan Brig o Turk Buchlyvie Callander Cambuskenneth
- George Islay MacNeill Robertson, Baron Robertson of Port Ellen KT, GCMG, PC, FRSA, FRSE born 12 April 1946 is a Scottish politician. He is a member of
- of India. The capital of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands territory is Port Blair on South Andaman. The Union Territory is divided into two districts, Andaman
- Calcutta, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Goa, Bhubaneswar, Cochin, Hyderabad, Port Blair and Pune. The international terminal is connected with other overseas
- Kings and Queens New York: Carroll & Graf, 1999 p. 257 Peter Hunter Blair Roman Britain and Early England 55 B.C. A.D. 871 New York London: W.
- Moonlight Navarre Pearl Shady Brook Stoney Sutphen Talmage Upland Bendena Blair Brenner Doniphan Fanning Iowa Point Moray Palermo Purcell Sparks Big Springs
- the 2007 federal election. The electorate covers the areas west from the port city of Gladstone, as far as the town of Emerald. It was named after John
- Cooktown, Hope Vale, Kowanyama, Kuranda, Lockhart River, Mossman, Pormpuraaw, Port Douglas, Thursday Island and Weipa. 2004 election results 2007 election results