The Caesars Palace Grand Prix was a Formula One motor race in 1981 and 1982. Nissan/Datsun was a presenting sponsor of both races. When Watkins Glen left the F1 schedule after 1980, the Caesars Palace GP took its place. The track was set up in the parking lot of the Caesars Palace hotel. It was surprisingly well set up for a temporary circuit. It was wide enough for passing, provided ample run-off areas filled with sand, and had a surface that was as smooth as glass. Its counter-clockwise direction put a tremendous strain on the drivers necks. 1982 was the end of Formula One racing in Las ...
STS-1 was the first flight of the space shuttle. It launched on April 12, 1981 and landed on April 14. It was launched 20 years after the first manned space flight. The space shuttle used was Columbia. Space Shuttle Columbia orbited the Earth 37 times in this mission.
ⓘ 1981 in the United States
- The President of the United States of America POTUS is the head of state of the United States of America and the commander in chief of the United States
- The Economic Recovery Tax Act of 1981 also known as the ERTA or Kemp - Roth Tax Cut was a federal law signed into law in the United States in 1981 It
- government and the chief deputy to the President of the United States In their capacity as the deputy head of government, the Vice President is also the President
- The United States Democratic Party is one of the two biggest political parties in the United States of America. The other is the Republican Party. The
- The United States Republican Party is one of the two biggest political parties in the United States of America. The other big party who is rivals with
- 1981 MCMLXXXI was a common year starting on Thursday of the Gregorian calendar, the 1981 st year of the Common Era CE and Anno Domini AD designations
- The history of the United States is what happened in the past in the United States a country in North America. Native Americans lived in the Americas
- The Office of the United States Trade Representative USTR is the United States government agency responsible for developing and recommending United
- The United States Attorney General is the head of the United States Department of Justice concerned with legal affairs and is the chief law enforcement