ⓘ 2024 Summer Olympics
The 2024 Summer Olympics, which will be officially known as the Games of the XXXIII Olympiad, is a sporting event that will happen from July 26 to August 11 in Paris, France.
On July 11, 2017, a proposal to choose the 2024 and 2028 Olympic host cities at the same time was approved by an Extraordinary IOC Session in Lausanne, Switzerland. On July 31, 2017, the International Olympic Committee made a deal with Los Angeles to host the 2028 Summer Olympics. It made Paris host the 2024 Summer Olympics. On September 13, 2017, the hosts for both Olympic games was announced at the 131st IOC Session in Lima, Peru.
1.1. Cancelled Potential Bids Europe
- Germany, Hamburg
Thomas Bach stated that Hamburg would apply for 2024 Olympic Games. Hamburg would have hosted the games the first time in history and would therefore have received the virtue over Berlin as Berlins inhabitant had a negative atmosphere towards the Olympic Games application.
- Copenhagen, Denmark
The organization of the Games in Copenhagen was investigated by the Danish government
- Kiev, Ukraine
- Budapest, Hungary
1.2. Cancelled Potential Bids North America
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Larry Needle, executive director of the Philadelphia Sports Congress, said that if Philadelphia, the largest city in Pennsylvania, wanted to host the Olympics, its earliest realistic chance would have been the 2024 Summer Games
A study by eleven graduate students from the University of Pennsylvania showed that Philadelphia should have considered bidding for the 2024 Olympics. The study said that one of the citys biggest challenges would be convincing the voters who select the host city that Philadelphia is a "world-class city", something that "will require strategic changes in the city’s landscape in conjunction with a persuasive marketing strategy". The study mentions that when arriving in the city from Philadelphia International Airport, it is difficult to find a route that does not have abandoned oil tanks, old structures and thousands of tons of waste. One good thing about having the Games in Philadelphia is that it is near many large cities.
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
On July 10, 2007 it was revealed that the Canadian Olympic Committee had worked on a potential bid for the 2020 or 2024 games for Toronto, the capital of Ontario and the largest city in Canada. This would have been Torontos third bid for the summer Olympic games, after unsuccessful bids for the 1996 and 2008 Summer Games.
1.3. Cancelled Potential Bids Oceania
- Brisbane, Australia
The subtropical city of Brisbane would seriously consider bidding for the Olympic Games in 2020 or 2024, former Queensland Premier Peter Beattie has said. His announcement came after IOC President Jacques Rogge said the IOC would love to see a bid from Brisbane in the future.
Australia hosted the 1956 Olympic Games in Melbourne. In 1986, Brisbane lost the bid for the 1992 Summer Olympics, which were held in Barcelona. However, Brisbane has experience in hosting major international sporting events; the city hosted the 1982 Commonwealth Games and the 2001 Goodwill Games.
Australia also hosted the Olympic games in Sydney, 2000.
- the 2028 Summer Olympics The agreement made Paris, France host the 2024 Summer Olympics On September 13, 2017, the hosts for both Olympic games was
- 21st century, and the 5th year of the 2020s decade. 26 July 11 August: 2024 Summer Olympics will be held in Paris, France. 5 November: The United States presidential
- November 2020. 2024 Summer Olympics 2026 Winter Olympics 1988 Summer Olympics in Seoul 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang, Gangwon Youth Olympic Games website
- skiing. Many more countries send athletes to the Summer Olympics than to the Winter Olympics The Olympic Games were first held in Ancient Greece more than
- The 1972 Summer Olympics officially known as the Games of the XX Olympiad, were held in Munich, in what was then West Germany, from 26 August to 11 September
- city to host the modern Olympic Games three times London also hosted the 1908 Summer Olympics and the 1948 Summer Olympics By the bid submission deadline
- The 1996 Summer Olympics officially known as the Games of the XXVI Olympiad, were held in Atlanta, United States from July 19 to August 4. Eric Rudolph
- The 2000 Summer Olympics officially known as the Games of the XXVII Olympiad, took place in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia from September 15, 2000
- The 1912 Summer Olympics officially known as the Games of the V Olympiad, were held in Stockholm, Sweden. The games were thought to be a success. For
- The 1920 Summer Olympics officially known as the Games of the VII Olympiad, were held at Antwerp in Belgium. The games were a financial strain for the
- The 2008 Summer Olympics officially known as the Games of the XXIX Olympiad, were celebrated in Beijing, People s Republic of China from August 8 to
- 1960 Summer Olympics officially known as the Games of the XVII Olympiad, were held at Rome in Italy. Rome had been awarded the 1908 Summer Olympics However
- The 1952 Summer Olympics officially known as the Games of the XV Olympiad, were held at Helsinki in Finland. Helsinki was chosen as the host city over