ⓘ History of international football in Russia
The first national football team of Russia was the Russian Empire national football team. They were founded in 1910. They played 16 matches. Their first unofficial match was a 5-4 win against Bohemia on October 16, 1910. Their first official match was a 2-1 loss against Finland at the 1912 Summer Olympics. That match was played on June 30, 1912. Their last game was a 1-1 draw against Norway on July 12, 1914. Their heaviest defeat was a 16-0 loss against Germany during the Consolation tournament at the 1912 Summer Olympics. The match was played on July 1, 1912. This was 1 day after the Russian Empires loss against Finland. After World War I started, the Russian Empire national football team was dissolved.
1. Soviet Union
The successor to the Russian Empire was the Soviet Union national football team. It was founded in 1922, which was the same year that the Soviet Union took control after the Russian Civil War. They would play their first game on November 16, 1924, which was a 3-0 win against Turkey. In July 1960, the Soviet Union reached 1st on the FIFA World Rankings. They won a gold medal at the 1956 Summer Olympics, the 1960 UEFA European Championship, and finished 4th at the 1966 FIFA World Cup.
They played most of their games at the Central Lenin Stadium in Moscow. Oleg Blokhin has the most caps 112 caps and most goals 42 goals for the Soviet Union. There have been 3 Soviet Union player that have won a Ballon dOr. Those players are Lev Yashin, Oleg Blokhin, and Igor Belanov.
After the breakup of the Soviet Union, the CIS national football team was the national team that represented the Commonwealth of Independent States. It took the Soviet Unions spot at UEFA Euro 1992. They finished last in their group after draws against the Netherlands and Germany, and a loss against Scotland.
The successor of the CIS is the Russia national football team. Their first match as Russia was a 2-0 win against Mexico. The match was played on August 16, 1992. They have played a majority of their games at either the Luzhniki Stadium 33 games, the Lokomotiv Stadium 28 games, or the Central Dynamo Stadium 18 games. All 3 stadiums are located in Moscow.
Some of their former managers include Oleg Romantsev, Guus Hiddink, Dick Advocaat, and Fabio Capello. They reached the Semi-Finals of UEFA Euro 2008, and the Quarter-Finals of the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
- Russia Russian Россия officially called the Russian Federation Russian Российская Федерация is a country that is in Eastern Europe and in North
- American football For other sports known as football see Football Association football is a sport played between two teams. It was invented in England
- The Germany national football team is the national football team in Germany. The team has won the 1954 FIFA World Cup, 1974 FIFA World Cup, 1990 FIFA World
- World Football Elo Ratings eloratings.net. 3 March 2019. Retrieved 3 March 2019. History at FSS official website, Retrieved 4 October 2012 in Serbian
- of Russian output oil refining, chemical and petrochemical, timber and wood processing and the food industry. There is one international airport in
- develop the sport among women. In 1981 the Japan women s national football team played its first international match in Hong Kong. The team lost to Taiwan
- control of their homeland. Over the next 800 years, Germans, Danes, Swedes, Poles, and Russians all invaded Latvia. Latvia finally became independent in 1918
- English, German, Russian Georgian Friends of Georgia Friends of Georgia International Foundation Website, including information on History Culture, Gastronomy
- the farthest east of all 85 federal subjects of Russia It is located in the Asian part of Russia It is grouped and governed as part of the Far Eastern